QuickREF for 2023 MOCA-Peds Learning Objectives
Use this QuickREF guide as your open-book reference for 2023 MOCA-Peds.
This year, we’ve tightened up the content and provided multiple ways for you to quickly find what you’re looking for while you’re answering questions.
Combine your QuickREF with our 2,000+ Peds Q&As. Filter 500+ questions to specifically address the 2023 MOCA-Peds learning objectives
• Content that covers all 45 General Pediatrics learning objectives and 4 featured readings for 2023 ABP Part 3 MOC Requirement: MOCA-Peds
• Quick points that cover the must-know information for each learning objective
• Topic summary to cover each featured reading
• Printed book with free digital version & streamable audio lectures
Our physician educators crafted all-new content to give you exactly what you need for each learning objective, without unnecessary repetition.
Quick Points and a Topic Summary detail what’s needed for each learning objective.
QuickREF is now fully indexed!
Learning Objectives Covered
1. Diagnose and evaluate dysphagia
2. Evaluate a child with microscopic hematuria
3. Evaluate a child with short stature
4. Evaluate an infant with microcephaly
5. Evaluate and manage a child with hypoglycemia
6. Evaluate and manage a patient with conjunctivitis
7. Evaluate and manage an infant exposed to HIV
8. Evaluate and manage an infant with polydactyly
9. Evaluate and manage an infant with prenatally diagnosed hydronephrosis
10. Identify an adolescent athlete who is using performance-enhancing drugs
11. Know the indications and limitations of allergy testing (including skin and in vitro tests)
12. Manage a child with an acute asthma exacerbation
13. Manage acne in an adolescent patient
14. Manage an adolescent with self-injurious behavior
15. Manage children who are behind on vaccines or have an unknown vaccination record
16. Plan the appropriate use of controller therapy in a patient with asthma
17. Plan the evaluation of a child with staring spells
18. Plan the transition to an adult care provider for an adolescent or young adult with chronic illness
19. Provide anticipatory guidance regarding safety and injury prevention for school-age children (ages 5 to 10 years)
20. Provide counseling regarding childhood-onset fluency disorder
21. Recognize and apply ethical principles regarding parental refusal of immunizations or other treatments
22. Recognize and manage common neonatal birth injuries
23. Recognize and manage hypospadias in a neonate
24. Recognize and plan initial management of status epilepticus
25. Recognize common viral exanthems
26. Recognize indications for sexually transmitted infection testing in prepubertal and peripubertal children
27. Recognize the clinical features of rheumatic fever
28.Recognize the clinical manifestations of SARS-CoV-2 infection in children (including post-acute sequelae) and plan appropriate initial evaluation/management
29. Recognize the clinical manifestations, etiology, and diagnosis of myocarditis
30. Recognize the complications and implications of thrombophilic disorders
31. Recognize the presentation of primary immunodeficiency disorders
32. Screen for oral health risks and manage appropriately
33. Understand and apply return-to-school criteria for common pediatric illnesses
34. Understand current recommendations for introducing solid foods (including highly allergenic foods) to infants
35. Understand factors that influence generalizability of a research study
36. Understand risk factors, screening, and prevention strategies for adolescent intimate partner violence
37. Understand the clinical features, approach to evaluation, and differential diagnosis of fetal alcohol spectrum disorder
38. Understand the clinical features, management, and prognosis of febrile seizures
39. Understand the clinical manifestations and differential diagnosis of central nervous system tumors in children
40. Understand the common causes and management of hoarseness in children
41. Understand the differential diagnosis and evaluation of chest pain in children and adolescents
42. Understand the health risks of vaping or e-cigarette use
43. Understand the initial evaluation and potential complications of blunt abdominal trauma
44. Understand the prevention and management of complications of sickle cell disease
45. Understand use of emergency contraception in adolescent patients
1. Asthma Management
2. Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery; Prevention of Sudden Death in the Young
3. Febrile Infants
4. Anxiety Disorders
This product provides you with 15 CME credits and MOC points
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Make the most of your MOCA-Peds test time
MOCA-Peds is a quarterly timed exam—you have 5 minutes to answer each question, and there are 20 multiple-choice questions each quarter. Since it’s an open-book exam, it’s crucial to have a resource at your fingertips that’s easy to search.
Learn on-the-go with audio
Our physician educators crafted all-new content to give you exactly what you need for each learning objective, in streamable audio talks.
Get exam-ready in no time
With the MOCA-Peds filter in our Q&A bank, you can easily filter to see 500+ questions that cover all 45 learning objectives. Set up as many practice quizzes as you need before you enter the timed test each quarter.
How to dominate MOCA-Peds with QuickREF Complete
BEFORE YOUR EXAM
Use print or digital QuickREF to do your initial study of the material
Use QuickREF audio talks to stack study time on top of your daily routine
Use the question filter in Peds Q&A to set up MOCA-specific practice exams
DURING YOUR EXAM
Use keyword search or print index to find the learning objective fast
Start Your Free Trial of QuickREF
Our quick reference guide covers every learning objective for 2023 MOCA-Peds. Sign up to receive a free trial of the Dysphagia & Microscopic Hematuria learning objectives!
What does MOCA-Peds stand for?
MOCA-Peds stands for Maintenance of Certification Assessment for Pediatrics. It’s part of your Part 3 MOC requirements for remaining a board-certified pediatrician.
How does MOCA-Peds work?
MOCA-Peds is an alternative to the traditional proctored exam. It is a quarterly open-book assessment given over the course of 5 years. You’ll take MOCA-Peds on a five-year cycle, but it’s important to think about it in year-long increments. Each year the ABP releases new learning objectives and featured readings that the questions will cover.
What is the passing percentage for MOCA-Peds?
Once you submit your answers, your performance will be graded by the ABP using a standardized score scale ranging from one to 300 with 180 as the threshold for a passing score.
Are MOCA-Peds questions timed?
Yes, you have 5 minutes to answer each question.
Does MedStudy have an option for MOCA-Peds Audio?
Yes! MOCA-Peds Audio was our highest-requested study tool for pediatricians in 2022, so our physician educators crafted all-new audio content for 2023 MOCA-Peds learning objectives.
QuickREF Audio gives you exactly what you need for each learning objective, without unnecessary repetition.
I have reviewed the MOCA Peds book and I really like it. In fact, I use it almost every day when I teach. It is my quick look up guide too. The book contains all important topics. It is written very well, both scientific and also understandable. I use it for my MOCA-Peds and it has all pertinent information. Most topics I had on my MOCA exams so far are covered in this book I would definitely recommend this book to all my colleagues and friends.
This is so helpful…I was thinking to myself ‘uggh MOCA prep.’ This will make my life easier.
As a sub-specialist that does not practice general pediatrics I appreciate having a succinct compilation of the objectives
Perfect study guide for the MOCA-Peds Exam. Every thing you need to know is in the study guide. Organized and easy to use reference during the test.
Read more about how MOCA-Peds works
Happy Doctors Day!
Now through 3/31, take $50 off your order of $500+
Use code: DOCTORSDAY at checkout
Offer valid through 11:59pm MT on 3/31/23. Discount not applicable to tax or shipping and handling charges. May not be applied to previous orders. Minimum purchase required. Offer cannot be combined. One use per customer.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.