Medical Student Core: Cardiology Book
This Core Cardiology book clearly explains all the relevant material you need to learn about Cardiology in medical school. From basic science to clinical knowledge, our casual and concise content makes learning cardiology in medical school easier. This cardiology book covers the USMLE content outline for Cardiology for both the Step 1 and Step 2 exams.
The Medical Student Core is sold primarily as a full set of 20 books. This book will cross-reference other books in the set.
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Peek inside the Cardiology book
37 USMLE Exam topics
Review every cardiology topic covered on USMLE exams
Written in our trademark style—casual yet concise. Exactly what a medical student is expected to know about cardiology.
Great for classwork and perfect for exams
540+ Preview | Review Questions
Questions that save you time and aid in retention
Questions appear in the margins of each main topic to prime your brain for the concepts you'll be learning. Find answers highlighted in the text. Use as a review tool to focus your time on what's needed.
100+ Medical Images and Figures
Exquisitely designed visual aids
Designed to clearly explain complicated concepts. Charts, illustrations and images flow throughout the content to support your understanding.
20 ECG Case Studies
Practice your clinical skills with ECG case studies
Test your understanding of reading and analyzing ECG results with 20 simulated cases. A memory aid for ECG interpretation accompanies each case.
Covers every Cardiology subtopic you should learn in med school
Cardiovascular Anatomy and Physiology
- Cardiovascular Anatomy
- Embryonic and fetal development
- Cardiac electrophysiology
- The cardiac cycle
- Cardiac hemodynamics
- Arterial and venous pressure waveforms
- Blood pressure regulation
Exam and Diagnostics
- Cardiovascular exam
- Imaging and tests
- Procedures to evaluate the heart
- Chest X-ray
- Ambulatory ECG monitoring
- Cardiac stress tests
- Cardiopulmonary exercise test
- Cardiac catheterization and other cardiac imaging tests
- Cardiac biopsy
Cardiac Disease Processes
- Heart failure
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Diseases of the peripheral arteries
- Diseases of the peripheral veins
- Thromboanginitis obliterans
- Diseases of the aorta
- Infectious and inflammatory diseases of the heart
- Valvular heart disease
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Cardiac arrest
- Cardiac tumors
- Congenital heart disease / Defect
- Traumatic and mechanical disorders
- Adverse of effects of drugs on the cardiovascular system
- The 12-lead ECG
- Axis deviations
- Waveforms and segments
- Ventricular hypertrophy
- Conduction disturbances
- Analyzing the ECG
- ECG case studies
Medical Student Study Strong System
Get to know the complete system that was built to support how you progress through medical school and guide you through your coursework and exams.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.